The Central Finance and Contracting Agency (CFCA) is a direct management institution subordinated to the Minister of Finance. The Minister of Finance exercises subordination of the institution via the Ministry of Finance.
- functions stipulated for a cooperation institution for implementation of the EU funding for 2021 – 2027;
- ensuring inspections of the implementation of planned reforms and investments and selection of investment project applications within the framework of the Latvian Recovery Fund (Recovery and Resilience Facility - RRF) (if required by regulatory enactments);
- Development Cooperation Agency functions in Latvia;
- functions stipulated for a cooperation institution for implementation of the EU funding for 2014 – 2020;
- functions of a Public and Private Partnership (hereinafter – PPP) supervisory institution and functions of a competence centre;
- functions for implementation of the Swiss – Latvian cooperation programme delegated by the managing institution;
- post-monitoring of the EU funding for 2007 – 2013 and the European Economic Area and Norwegian Government Bilateral Financial Mechanism 2004 – 2009 programming period (hereinafter EEA and Norwegian Government Bilateral Financial Mechanism (2004 – 2009)), implementation of observation of specific provisions and supervision of project result sustainability.
Supervision of implementation of EU funding and other financial instrument projects that are important for development of Latvia.
Modern partner and competent leader in the investment management of EU funds.
Strategic Aims or Priorities
- Selection or projects pursuant to the laws and regulations and principles of good administration, control of achievement of results and use of funding.
- Professional, development-oriented and result-oriented personnel.
- Clients, who are well educated about implementation of projects and the statutory requirements and are satisfied with the Agency’s services.